Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sleeping With The Laundry



There is a mom's blog called "Sleeping With the Laundry," the name of which, depending on my mood, I find funny or sad (been there, done that, and I can't believe I'm admitting it, although my name would be "Napping With the Laundry").  The blog is also now an iPhone app, for those of you with that capability.  At both school and home, I felt like I was literally sleeping with the laundry, so we had a laundry folding party for the school laundry.  The children fold laundry every day but it felt special when everyone pitched in.  So many projects are like this--heavy work for few hands, and light work for many hands.  It was satisfying for all of us to get our laundry under control, and we had fun doing it!  Now I need a Montessori laundry folding party at my house--any takers?

1 comment:

  1. Oh- no way! I've just spent my half term holiday catching up with my laundry - all those odd socks, where did they come from? Now I have to prepare for the six weeks.

    ReplyDelete