Thursday, April 29, 2010

Playgrounds

http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/10/2d/87/fun-at-the-museum.jpg


I've been thinking that most children's playgrounds are quite uninspired.  It would be lovely if we could incorporate more natural elements into the playgrounds, echoing each area's unique history and beautiful topography.  San Francisco's Bay Area Children's Museum does a beautiful job of building an interactive playground, with artist's contributions and integrated structures.  They have a fish that "swims" when the children turn a crank (created by artist Ben Trautmann).  Check it out!  http://www.baykidsmuseum.org/tour-the-museum/lookout-cove

1 comment:

  1. I have just spent the afternoon reading through your entire blog from beginning to end. I found so much to inspire or challenge me in and out of the classroom. I especially enjoyed the posts about parenting and Positive Discipline. I have ordered the book and I am hoping my husband will read it, or at least let me give him the salient points. He's supportive of my approach but doesn't quite "get it" all yet.

    Anyway, thank you and please keep going. This is one of my favourite blogs.

    ReplyDelete