Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Race to Nowhere?

I don't know a lot about the movie "Race to Nowhere" but it has piqued my attention.  Someone in the trailer asserts, "We need to redefine what success means for our kids."  I've long thought that the educational system in the USA needs a complete overhaul, and I don't mean more testing.  Of course, I believe Montessori is the best alternative route for us to follow.  If we need creative,collaborative, resilient, motivated problem-solvers to ensure our economic future, look no further than Montessori graduates.  We can't raise a generation of children afraid to make a mistake.  Mistakes take us to the next level, which is sometimes a level we couldn't earlier even envision.  Albert Einstein famously said, "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."  Take a look at this trailer and see what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment