Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why Not? OK Go

As I was looking for something fun to jump-start my day, I remembered a song one of my Montessori compatriots had posted.  I searched for the song, discovering that there were two videos.  One was the marching band video I knew, the other was a video send-up of a Rube Goldberg machine.  The video reminded me of the importance of creativity and imagination--just because.  When we create for the sheer joy of invention and discovery--who knows where that could lead?  Particularly in education, where so much is quantified by what little oval is filled in, it is important to remember it is not what is on the test that is important, but where the knowledge can take us.  Whether a vision takes place in a burst of ephemeral genius, or on a carefully built pyramid of thought, creativity leads to innovation.  Innovation takes us all to the next level.  Enjoy the video!

2 comments:

  1. OK - WOW. That was mind-blowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved this video, too.

    My older one did a project on Rube Goldberg earlier in the year. He was inspired by a project his science co-op teacher shared, as well as a visit to a science museum here in Florida.
    http://sunriselearninglab.blogspot.com/2009/09/all-about-rube-goldberg-according-to.html

    Saw that you were on the recent Montessori Top 50 list.
    Congrats to you.
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete