Monday, January 10, 2011

Tests Are Not The Thing






This is an excerpt from Dan Pink's (wrote A Whole New Mind) blog at www.danpink.com.  Brian Greene is an amazing physicist whose books include The Elegant Universe and Fabric of the Cosmos (fabulous reads).  As one commenting reader says (and I paraphrase), "If Brian Greene says it, I'm going with it.

Interview exchange of the day

From Deborah Solomon’s New York Times Magazine interview with superstar physicist Brian Greene . . .
SOLOMON: Do you think SAT scores define intelligence?
GREENE: No. They define the capacity to answer questions on an SAT test.


Just another reminder that the tests are not the thing.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. All I hear from my friends who work in public schools are how the tests are ruling the classroom. I have a friend that works at a school that gives at least 26 assessments (like comprehensive testing format) a year --- this does not include the teacher's tests they give over the class materials either. It gives me a headache to think about it. Thanks for the article information. It was wonderful!

    Kyle
    http://www.montessoriforlearning.com

    ReplyDelete