Sunday, September 5, 2010

In Celebration of Music

A Blessing of Music

I am a music lover.  I study voice, play the piano and play the guitar (at school only for the guitar part!).  I have spent years doing musical theater and I have also dabbled in strings.  Now, I found the perfect book to explain the beauty of music to the children.  The Blessing of Music by Welleran Poltarnees has absolutely stunning reproductions of art that capture the feeling of music.  One line reads, "It [music] is a language for feelings that have no other expression. . . "  Another line reads, "[Music] brings us into closer harmony with the universe, and with our deepest selves."  The artists range from Klimt to Larsson to Degas, among others.  The art ranges from the late 19th century to the early 20th.  Not only does the book capture the blessing of music in words, it does so in illustration as well. I am so excited to find this book that I had to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment